The Lions Gateway
The Lions Gate has ties to ancient Egypt and for thousands of years has been observed and honoured as a time of a great energetic influx and activation! This gateway is marked by an alignment between the Earth and the brightest star Sirius. As Sirius rises in the sky, Orions Belt consisting of 3 stars directly aligns with the Pyramids of Giza, and from our perspective on Earth, it appears that Sirius comes closer to the Earth like a second Sun.
It's named the Lions Gateway because it occurs in the astrological sign of Leo the Lion. As a Zodiac Sign, Leo is associated with the heart chakra and represents the individualised expression of the Divine. Amongst the Leo energy, it is the perfect time to anchor and integrate the energies of higher consciousness broadcast through the star Sirius down to Earth into our heart centres.
What makes this year special is that on 8/8 we also had the alignment of Venus and Jupiter. Venus is the planet of love and femeninity and it is aligning with Jupiter, the planet of abundance and expansion.
This special combination of astrological events got us very excited! So, we took to our local Byron beach to perform a simple ritual meditation to align ourselves and integrate these cosmic energetic gifts.
Read below to see how we embraced the Lions Gateway! We hope it inspires you to also take time out to slow down and listen to the wisdom of the Universe.
Lions Gateway Ritual
1. Use a smudging tool of choice to cleanse your aura. As you cleanse, recite the following mantra: “I cleanse with light and loving energy. I cleanse away any negative thoughts and emotions. I am light, I am free. I am whole. I am me.” Letting go of the days, weeks, years, stresses that have come your way. Imagine that the cleansing smoke is alchemising and transforming unwanted energies into high vibrational energy.
2. Sit in a comfortable position and place your hand over your heart chakra (middle of your chest). Close your eyes and imagine you are inhaling and exhaling through your heart. Do this for a few breaths.
3. Now take your hand and hover it a few inches above your heart. Begin making circles in an anti-clockwise direction (hand will circle to the right). As you are making the circles, imagine you are cleansing your heart energy. Do this for about one minute.
4. Once you have done that, reverse your circles so you are moving in a clockwise direction. As you make these circles, imagine you are opening and supercharging your heart chakra. See if you can feel the energy radiating from your heart and experiment with making the circles bigger or wider. Repeat this again for one minute.
5. Now shake out your hand and repeat this process but this time on your third eye which is in the center of your forehead. Again, hover your hand a few inches above your third eye and then begin cleaning it by moving your hand in an anti-clockwise direction for one minute and then a clockwise direction for one minute.
6. Now that you have cleansed these chakras your ready to meditate and receive the divine wisdom and energy. Take a few minutes here (or as long as you’d like) to simply sit with the intention of receiving via your heart centre and third eye.
7. As you come out of your meditation, take note of anything that may have come up during it and feel free to write this down somewhere to reflect on.
Be sure to drink a large glass of water or sip some herbal tea after this ritual to help with the energy activations.
Happy Lions Gate!
Information and ritual inspired by foreverconscious.com