Get the look // Undone Eyes
Taking inspiration from one of the most sought-after makeup looks, the smokey eye, we put a spin on this classic by creating a softer version, making it more sophisticated, subtle and flattering than ever.
For this undone eyes look, we swapped out the customary matte black and grey shades for rich brown tones to create a softer shadow that will enhance your natural features. Complete the look with brushed-up brows, softly bronzed cheeks and a satin nude lip.
GET THE LOOK
1. Using the Summer Solstice Palette, apply a thin layer of Jupiter over the entire lid using the Vegan Eyeshadow Brush. Define the crease with the Vegan Blending Brush by applying Mars to the hollow of your eye —and blend, blend, blend.
2. For the undone effect, take the Vegan Angled Brush and the Goddess Pencil in Nubian Brown and trace along your lash line, starting from the middle of the lid moving outwards into a wing. Using the Vegan Shading Brush or the smudge-tip applicator, smoke out the shadow towards the tail of your brow and back into your crease. With the same rich hue, line your lower lash line.
You can read more tips on how to perfect your eyeliner technique here. Add a shimmery shadow to the inner corner. This will help open up the eye and make it look bigger.
3. Groom and fill your hairs using the Brow Define for a natural, feathered look. Starting at the base of your brows, use the pencil to create fine, hair-strokes that mimic your natural hair growth. Once complete, use the spoolie brush to gently comb over the hairs for perfectly groomed and blended brows. Repeat to achieve desired look.
4. We use the Love & Light Illuminating Palette to contour, define and enhance your complexion. Begin by applying shade Bronze Ochre directly on and underneath your cheekbones using long, sweeping movements. Add a hint of colour to the cheeks by dusting over shade Ethereal Rose.
5. We chose to pair our undone eyes look with a subtle nude lip for a blended natural finish. Bio Lipstick Artemis is most often described as the perfect nude and suits all skin tones. Glide the smooth formula across the lips starting from one corner and blending across in gentle sweeping motions.
Make sure you tag @eyeofhoruscosmetics and #EOHbeauty on Instagram if you give this look a go.
SHOP THE LOOK